My Coop!

JusticeFamilyFarm

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2011
Southern California
So, my brother built my coop at his construction job site, so I don't have all of the progress pics, just those that he sent me along the way. Then the coop was trailered about 2 1/2 hours from his job site to my house where it is now in place and almost ready for my girls (and boy) to move in! We're still deciding on where to put the roosts- so any suggestions would be great! The coop is 6'10'' x 10'2'' at it's base, and the next boxes are exterior, so they do not take up any floor space from those dimensions. It is a little shorter than I had requested (my brother didn't listen much to my coop requests and ideas
roll.png
but, I can't complain!) measuring about 4' floor to ceiling on the short end and 6' at the high end (inside the coop). We still have work to do, like roofing, gutter, painting trim, building roosts, and adding a walkway for the chickens to get from coop to run... but after a LONG wait, it is here and we are working to get it finished. The pictures are on the most recent post of my blog: http://thejfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/
Thanks
for looking! (and for suggestions or input!)

Hi, Wow...sweet looking little coop and well constructed. Great job....cudos to brother, only comment is way overkill on nest boxes. just my opinion. But think it's great just the same...good luck with it.
Erik

Quote:
Yes, I agree on the nest box overkill. I might be blocking some off on the coop side and just using them for storage from the outside. I told them 5 nest boxes max, but apparently they thought there should be a box for each hen and were going to put 20! (I told them I wanted to be able to house 20 hens) My brother knew I had said 5, so he cut their plan in half and made 10. Oh well.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom