My coop :)

Nice!
thumbsup.gif

looks great! what did you/ are you using for the windows come winter?

The blue box is a new construction outlet box. still need to put one in mine but as winter is a ways off, i have time.

Looks like you are ready to me. I moved mine out to my coop at about 4 weeks. I do have a run also and I have not let them out in it yet. (They are 6 weeks old now). I have a lot of dogs around my neighborhood. So i've been "dog proofing" my run in the mean time. You might keep them locked in the coop a little longer. Not sure if you said you have a run....but 6 weeks seems a little small to be out in the run full time. Unless you could let them out a while them lock them down before night.

It looks awesome! I love your tree branch roosts. You will however need to significantly increase your ventilation. Your moisture buildup in the winter and heat in the summer will prove to be too much for your birds. A simple fix. Just jig out larger squares where you have your small circle vents and slip in vent plates made for human houses! I LOVE your color choices.

It looks awesome! I love your tree branch roosts. You will however need to significantly increase your ventilation. Your moisture buildup in the winter and heat in the summer will prove to be too much for your birds. A simple fix. Just jig out larger squares where you have your small circle vents and slip in vent plates made for human houses! I LOVE your color choices.

I'll need more ventilation in the summer even with those three huge windows???

Nice looking coop. You may be fine as far as ventilation goes, being that you are in Vermont. Just put a thermometer in there and see how your temps are during the summer. The only potential problem I see is that your nest boxes are on the same level as the roosts. You may have birds that choose to roost in/on the nest boxes instead of the roosts. That can get messy, you may want to lower the nest boxes or raise the roosts a bit.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom