My coturnix chicks, think they are puppies...

RunningRabbit

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
Two of the three cots I have roll on their backs for a tummy scratch and follow me around. Was not expecting any bird of mine to do that! They also rub against my hand like a cat.

The third cot chick avoids me like the plague. Not sure if when I peeped at it, I said something truly insulting in quail talk, or if it's just a jerk bird.

I'm leaning more towards jerk bird, personally.

Anyone out there got quail that do strange things?

That's adorable. Mine is incredibly clingy but does nothing like that! just insists on being held all the time and pushes my fingers out of the way so he can get a better view when we are doing housework. He chirps and starts to get panicky when i put him down!!!

How old are they?

Last edited:
Mine also have an unhealthy interest in the cat. At one point she was interested in making a meal out of them, now she runs to higher ground when they're let loss in my bedroom. All three of the cot goobers like to try and hide under her. Or climb her like she's a very grouchy mountain.

So your chicky is like a newborn baby? LOL Man, I do not miss those early days with my son! I had to carry him around in a sling just to get anything done. Must drive you nuts to have a little fluff ball do the same thing!

Yep lol. Does drive me a little nuts. I can't even leave him with my hubby. He peeps and panics and tries to wriggle free to follow me. It's nice to be needed though. I have cats. They both just turned their noses up at him. They seem more interested in the box he's never in!

That would be cute watching them try and huddle under the cat.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good approximation of the expression on her face when the chicks cuddle under or climb on her.

LOL! Could you post some pictures of that? I would love to see.
smile.png

Last edited:
I put eggs under my cats while they were asleep at one point during incubation. They looked pretty surprised when they woke up... Sort of sniffed them and slowly moved away like they had done something embarrassing and would hope nobody noticed.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom