My crazy hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Robin'sBrood, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Y'all know how hens like to announce when they've laid an egg... bak bak bak BABAK bak bak bak BABAK... over and over again? Well my BA hen Betty not only announces her eggs, but she announces my other two hens' eggs as well. You should hear her out there bak bakking her little head off right now because one of the other hens is in the nest box. Silly girl. [​IMG]

2. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:You wonder if the other two girls are muttering to one another... show off!! [​IMG]

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yeah, especially since she's a standard and they're bantams and she's twice as loud as they are. [​IMG]

4. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    My pullets do the same thing, all ten of them. One starts when someone lays and egg and then they all do it. It is so funny! [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have 18 and when they lay some cackle like crazy. They have a nest box that all perfer. Some will stand outside and cackle very loudly, like telling the one in it to "Hurry up and get out!!! It's my turn." Some times I find more than one bird at a time in the box. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Cacophony Chicken symphony!

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Its like a chain reaction !!!!! One starts they all go..... Even my rooster gets into it ( I think he's louder than the hens ) Once in a while when I'm out there I tell him I know I know I can hear your girls, but thanks for telling me !!! Silly chickens !!!!

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Heh... my feisty banty is WAY louder than my standards! Now, if only she'd start laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by