My Crippled duck Peggy

suseekilbanks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 4, 2015
Hello,
My name is Susee and I have a crippled duck. When I bought 4 Pekins at the Tractor supply..I picked her bc she was smaller than the rest of the babies and I thought possibly Splay leg that I have fixed before..But this little girl has subluxated knee caps and is seriously deformed.. The other ducks take care of her, but now she had to come inside my house because the weather is way too much for her....She can swim sorta and eats well and grooms, but tips over..She walks on her hocks and now that she is inside, her feathers have all grown back and she is really blossoming...Certainly much more than i bargained for by I'm in for the long haul....I love the animals and are always drawn to caring for the injured. I live on the river..but this little one will never get there because she doesn't have the capacity to dodge any predators.....it has been an interesting ride..So excited to discover this forum..
Thanks .....A duck has to do what a duck owner has to do...:)
Susee and Peggy

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi :welcome Susee!

Glad you could join the flock! How nice of you to stick by Peeggy and give her a loving home and all the attention she needs. I'm sure if you drop by the duck section the experts over there may be able to offer you more advice about your Peggy, maybe they will have extra tips for you. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so sorry about your baby.
hugs.gif
But it sounds like you are taking good care of her. Definitely stop by our ducks section for more help with her. Poultry can over come all kinds of physical afflictions and can still live a good life if given a bit more TLC.

Good luck with your ducks and this particular baby and welcome to our flock!

WEll Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome..
I had joined a canine diabetes forum for my diabetic dog and the information was soooooo useful..Learned so many wonderful things for dealing with diabetes..never to be found anywhere except by the diabetic canine mom's.
I am going to love this..
thanks Again...
Susee and Peggy

Back
Top Bottom