My Current Quilt Project

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
This is a memory quilt for my mother in law. I tried a pattern for blocks I liked about a month ago. After 2 weeks I hadn't finished 50% of one block, it was too complicated and I'm TOO new at this.
tongue.gif

So I'm doing a simple line and block pattern. I started this using scissors, and not the handy dandy rolling cutter I later found so of course there are made flaws, sizes aren't all right and of course some parts are all out of whack. I've since cleaned it up and straightened it up as much as I could now.
hu.gif

Given its flaws, its still a good learning experience. This is going to be a HUGE queen size quilt for my MIL's bed, so I'm hoping (
fl.gif
) it will be ready in time to send her for Christmas. I'm planning a baby quilt I need to get on to gift for January as well so this HAS to be done.

I'll update here when I can. I work on it a little bit each night.
thumbsup.gif

14084_quilt09-2.jpg

I wish you all the luck in the world! I think it looks good and would love to get the motivation to start doing this. I have all the stuff, just haven't started yet. Keep us posted!

Wow, that's a LOT of work to take on as a new quilter! It looks like you are doing a really good job!

Do the fabrics represent something in your MIL's life? I ask because they do look like vintage fabrics to me.

Here's a tip when it comes to the quilting....buy those bent looking quilting safety pins. They make it easier to pin through all the layers.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm not super pleased with it right now. I'm sure as I get further it won't be so bad. Its been a good trial and error though... I've upgraded my equipment and now its not coming out so bad anymore! I wouldn't scrap it, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom