My daughter is AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jendh, May 26, 2010.

1. jendh

jendh In the Brooder

Jan 18, 2010
    Athens
    My oldest daughter is about to turn eight. I asked her yesterday what she wants for her birthday. She looks at me and says "I relly don't need presents this year, Mom." Awwww. Well we're going to get her something so I ask her if she would like a Lowe's gift card, so she can start saving up to build her chicken coop with Dad (she wants HER OWN silkies). She lit up like I'd just offered her a shopping spree at Toys R Us. I love my kid, she's so cool.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That's awesome!!!!!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thats IS a cool kid!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Try having your 11 (as in Pre-Teen) year old BOY (as in not beauty pageant entry) say I wish for world peace and an end to hunger as we're driving to school one morning.

[​IMG] I was a nervous wreck for like a week waiting for the bad news that had him sucking up that bad... nope, nothing... he just really meant it. Mind boggling.

5. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    That's awesome!! I love it!!

6. that's so nice! My kids whip out a list a mile long if there's even an inkling that they might be getting something...

7. Mandalina

Mandalina Songster

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

She is awesome! Guess she can't wait to have her "own" silkies to care for. [​IMG]

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    mine is goign to be 7. she wants a pony. LOL. wait.. dont' most girls want that? i know i did. haha. but my oldest is gonna be 12. she's not really worried about what she can have. she's happy she finally got her own room(we moved from a 2 bedroom trailer to a 5 bedroom house!) she just wants a beanbag chair. so that makes me happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by