My DH tried to help.....

I was feeling really bad a couple of weeks ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis.
So DH closed up the duck house and the coop for me. When I got up in the morning my rooster sounded like it was under the bedroom window. I looked outside and there was one of the rooster's. He had left the pop door open. I was horrified something could have gotten them during the nigh. Now it doesn't matter how bad I feel. I close up the coop myself. I tell him I have to tell them goodnight.
I couldn't be mad at him he was trying to help.

Quote:
True! I didn't think about it that way.
smile.png

Heck, a lot of people seem to feed their layers grower pellets full-time, on purpose, just making sure there is a calcium source available a la carte (bin of oystershell, or whatever).

The only thing that'd make me even SLIGHTLY go 'hm' would be if this was a medicated feed (but for only two days, big deal), but if it's grower it probably *isn't* medicated anyhow.

Take a deep breath... they're chickens. They'll survive
smile.png

Have fun,

Pat

I feel your pain, mine once put my great-grandmother's cast iron skillet, which I inherited and love dearly, in the dishwasher.
sad.png

He also regularly forgets to put the bungee cord around the pasture gate, we have a houdini horse that will open anything but that, and I walk out to a yard full of horses and cows.

At least he put ~something~ in the dishwasher, and he was out in the pasture because he was cutting firewood.

I did feel sorry for him when we first married 25 years ago, he was a country boy, but had never owned horses. Of course he tried to be helpful with mine, and they took every advantage to test him. Finally he incorporated into the herd and they were fine around him.

~Terry~

Back
Top Bottom