My Dirty Little Secret - Turkey and Geese

Like how do you mean greyfields, best duck for meat? Eggs? Pet?

I'm thinking next year I may try to raise a couple of ducks for meat. I have a pekin now that is a pet but I have been drooling over her lately LOL... My kids would kill me.

Congrats Miss Prissy! They are so cute and lucky you to have a great assortment of fuzzies. I try not to jinx my hatches too sometimes. Especially when it's something really special. It seems like as soon as you say you put them in, something goes wrong. Glad you have these babies.

Jody

Congratulations Miss Prissy! OMG, I got such a big smile on my face when I saw you finally got your Embdens... I know that feeling!
hugs.gif
I'm so happy for you!!!

Quote:
It's a silkie cross, possibly with brahma or cochin.
smile.png
A pretty mix breed lady!

And congrats Miss Prissy!
big_smile.png
Hope you have extra freezers!
wink.png
Are your bronzes heritage turkeys or the broad breasted kind? I've read that it was hard to find bronzes that naturally mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! Did you get your eggs via Mail or were they local eggs?

I did not have good hatches this year but all my eggs were mailed. 1 out of 4 African Geese, 2 out of 12 chicken, 0 out of 4 turkeys and I still have 5 of 12 duck eggs in the incubator. It's day 29 and 2 are pipped.

Including shipping I've paid $69.00 for all these eggs and right now only have 2 chicks and 1 gosling.
The local feed store has chicks for $2.30 @ and Rouen Ducks for $5.20 @ Turkey's were $8.45 @ =$123.80 + tax to just buy them outright. Then figure in the cost of electric.

Maybe I did jinx myself by talking about them. Oh Well, I'm very Happy for you!

So, What is your total animal/poultry count now?

I have 10 acres of pasture divided into 4 sections.

I have a barn with 5 rooms and a stall area that is 130+ft x 25ft. See this thread -

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57858

I have another barn nearly as big as my farm house with a huge hay loft in top, 4 large animal stalls and 2 tractor bays, complete with outhouse (seriously lol).

I have plenty of room!
smile.png

All shipped on tghe goslings and poults
big_smile.png

I can't tell you how thrilled I am today. My plans for this spring have come together to perfectly!

I have another surprise from today - I'll show you as soon as I get the camera downloaded.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom