My Dirty Little Secret - Turkey and Geese

OMG Miss Im really jealous! Quiet the bunch of birds there and what a nice mix! Are they birds you hatched or order...im kinda lost
tongue.png
And where did you get them from?
Good Luck and cant wait to see the other surprise!
big_smile.png

what are you doing with the turkeys? you have a lot of birds! lucky you what are you doing for food? don't turkeys and waterfowl need completely different food?

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone!!

Ticks - That is a cleaning the brooders photo. They all have their own brooders. They are eating a Blue Seal baby chick, turkey, guinea, geese and duck starter crumble. It is an all in one my feed store carries. The ducks and geese will move to flock raiser at 4 and 8 weeks. The turkeys will move over to it much later.

Sam - All shipped eggs.

Ticks - Turkeys are for starter stock and the extras for Thanksgiving Turkey. I will be offering a few if anyone local wants them in a few weeks. Poults are fragile and I want to make sure they get a good start and are healthy and growing before they leave me.

Geese are for starter stock and the males for Christmas Goose. Except for 3 AussieSharon asked for 30 days ago.
big_smile.png

ChicknGirn - that is some bizzar silkie/cochin cross. LOL

Quote:
Aww! Sounds like my life! ;-)

They look great, `grats!

Same here! Lord knows I dont tell anyone I have a stinkin broody, because if I do, I no longer have a broody!

Angie, they are so cute! I ALMOST got a couple goslings at the feedstore today, I walked around the store carrying one just to get my gosling fill for the next month. Odds are, I'll get some! The turkeys are adorable too! Ahh, you are too lucky. We've only got 1.3 acres, but Im trying my best to fill it up,lol.

Back
Top Bottom