My dirty little secret!!

1 WEEK
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

I'm sure you have some choice words to tell your FIL, hsm... you could always take the cig and rip it to pieces, then fling it in his face, purely for effect... or tell him where to put it instead...

I am WOMAN- hear me roar!

Yeah I had some idea's of things to do and they are a lot like what you posted LOL But as I said he rents our spare trailer and you know peace and all. It just gives me the push not to smoke. I actually have a poem called
Bit#& ology and I would post it but the mods would prob. have to take it off LOL. It just means I don't go with the flow and won't let other's make choices for me etc. It is pretty cute.​

Babe In Total Control of Herself

I like that LOL That will be my responce next time someone calls me the B word LOL​

Just like several others mentioned here, I know you have to quit for yourself, not others. We can love other people with all of our hearts and souls, but self-preservation is an instinctive thing.
After thinking about it for a few years I have finally set a quit date of December 1st. I'd read where making a plan vs. cold turkey was important. I went to the doc about 2 weeks ago and got a Rx for Chantix. It's waiting for me at the pharmacy. I'm blessed that my insurance company is going to pay for it and my co-pay is just $5.00. In preparation for quit day, my doctor has also put me on a heavy duty anti-depressant. I, like alot of folks, realized that I have been self-medicating my low level depression with cigarettes for years. Nicotine being a stimulant. The makers of Chantix also have an online support program that you can join for free the day you get your first Rx filled. I plan to continue some of my "smoker's habits" at least for a little while, such as continuing to go outside with my co-worker/best friend when she smokes. Just instead of the smokes, I'll carry a piece of licorice or a lollipop. Studies have shown that people miss the smoking routines too and that gives them more ammunition to relapse. Actually, with Chantix, you are allowed to continue smoking for a short period of time after you start taking the pill. Smoke all you want, cuz the receptors in your brain are not going to be able to pick up the nicotine so it won't do you any good. And about the vivid dreams. Chantix has that side-effect too, as does the anti-depressant the doctor put me on AND another medication I take for a chronic condition. I have really unusual dreams y'all....I'm thinking on writing a book about em.
For those interested, Arkansas has a program called SOS - Stamp Out Smoking. When you join their (free) program you get all the stop smoking aids and support systems you need, as long as you agree to attend a support group. You might check it out in your state; perhaps they have something similiar.
Good luck to all and please keep me in your prayers and/or good wishes.

CONGRATULATION EVERYONE TO NOT SMOKING!!!!!
ya.gif
:ya:ya
That is really great! My husband used to smoke. (Never in the house or around my daughter and I)
I watched him struggle with the addiction. I knew he had to do it for himself, so I was never a nagging wife, but always a worried one. He has been smoke free since summer of 2006. He quit with help of the patch, but only for one or 2 days. He feels so much better. It was hard, but he did it. I'm so proud of him. I know yall can do it to. I'm here to support you. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom