Pics
Nice!! That would definitely do the trick! Thanks for sharing!!

I just reuploaded the same system because I wanted a better angle, so I mounted it and I also forgot to show that the safety feature only works in the down/close operation. I didn't show that it works with the Photocell control because I didn't feel it necessary. I also wanted to mount the Volt/Amp Meter. Added the Solar charge controller.

Last edited:
I also have to mention that using the CN101 timers like the ones the OP is using it is better to use TWO timers and wire it so the power is turned off while the door is not in operation.

Power timer turns on, the door Closes.
Power timer turns off after 1 min.

Power timer AND the Polarity Reverse timer turn on, the door Opens.
Power timer turns off first after 2 min, then the Polarity Reverse timer turns off second after 3 min.

This is not my favorite but if you have the timers already then it saves power, extending battery life and usage.

View attachment 2128284

I tried this option as I had a spare timer and pretty sure I have it wired correct but nothing. 😕

Neither timer will turn on..

The 3 options you have listed, do all 3 of those times have to be set?

I also have to mention that using the CN101 timers like the ones the OP is using it is better to use TWO timers and wire it so the power is turned off while the door is not in operation.

Power timer AND the Polarity Reverse timer turn on, the door Opens.
Power timer turns off first after 2 min, then the Polarity Reverse timer turns off second after 3 min.

This is not my favorite but if you have the timers already then it saves power, extending battery life and usage.

View attachment 2128284
This is the relay I'm using..

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-05-15-19-20-37.png
    Capture+_2020-05-15-19-20-37.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I tried this option as I had a spare timer and pretty sure I have it wired correct but nothing. 😕

Can you take a picture of the setup?

Yes the times have to be set

6:00 AM on Power Timer and Polarity Timer.
6:02 AM off Power Timer
6:03 AM off Polarity Timer

7:00 PM on Power Timer
7:01 PM off Power Timer

Take picture please and I will be working on a diagram with that specific relay.

Last edited:

Big note. on the CN101 timers and other models from different manufactures sometimes the polarity to power of the timer is reversed. Disconnect the timers from the system and change the wires around on the power side of the timer.
Check Polarity.png

Last edited:

Take picture please and I will be working on a diagram with that specific relay.

Attachments

• 20200516_060654.jpg
    20200516_060654.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200516_060741.jpg
    20200516_060741.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200516_060748.jpg
    20200516_060748.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 32
This is the diagram i used for the single timer and it worked great. It was just pulling my battery down staying on all day even with 10 watt solar (reason for going to 2 timers)

Attachments

• FXNSVCTICWFW4H3.LARGE.jpg
    FXNSVCTICWFW4H3.LARGE.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 34

I had missed one ground wire. After hooking it up and setting the timer the timers work correct..

If I put my meter on the actuator output on the relay.. The 1st timer kicks on I get -10v. It goes through the cycle and voltage goes away when both shut off..

But when the reverse polarity timer kicks on the 2nd time. No voltage on the output to the actuator?

Sorry for blowing up with all the messages but I figured it out. I had the reverse polarity timer set the second time instead of the power timer I was working well.

Back
Top Bottom