My doe rabbit won’t breed

Guys I need a response ASAP does this look like pregnant nesting?

E4BEB389-583C-4BC4-A141-5F0598066211.jpeg

It looks like nesting to me (although I can't see much very
clearly) but that doesn't really give any indication of whether she is pregnant or not, only that she believes she is

And it’s my other rabbit that’s doing it but I think she could be pulling he rabbits out for nesting idk
What do you mean?

It's hard to know if pregnant just from looking at the tummy, even harder if it's a rabbit you have never seen before so have nothing to compare it to.... Sorry

How long ago do you think she mated?

Guys I need a response ASAP does this look like pregnant nesting?

View attachment 1375188

It looks like someone is gathering nesting material, but it looks like the fur is black??

View attachment 1375210 I got a shot of her stomach what do you think?

I think you have a nicely put together broken Holland, but from that picture, that's all anyone could say. They don't really develop much of a tummy anyway; it's generally only a few days before kindling that there's much to notice, and it's not really visible from that angle.

Do you have multiple rabbits living together? It does look like a nest. A messy nest. (Is that a feather?) I wouldn't keep more than one doe per cage, they can become pretty aggressive especially when pregnant. (Sometimes it works out.)

Definitely looks like fur pulling, but some rabbits will pull at the drop of the hat. I have a doe who gets giant bare spots from pulling when she's preggo, and when a neighboring rabbit is preggo she pulls a smaller nest, or if she was just put in with a buck with no successful breeding she pulls a nest, or sometimes she just feels like it and pulls a nest anyhow. Just keep an eye on it.

Do you have multiple rabbits living together? It does look like a nest. A messy nest. (Is that a feather?) I wouldn't keep more than one doe per cage, they can become pretty aggressive especially when pregnant. (Sometimes it works out.)

Definitely looks like fur pulling, but some rabbits will pull at the drop of the hat. I have a doe who gets giant bare spots from pulling when she's preggo, and when a neighboring rabbit is preggo she pulls a smaller nest, or if she was just put in with a buck with no successful breeding she pulls a nest, or sometimes she just feels like it and pulls a nest anyhow. Just keep an eye on it.

Yes a feather and yes a very messy nest. And we have 2 rabbits together and we intended to serperate them when my female made a nest but I did not realize so soon there was a nest already

You really need to separate those rabbits NOW!! As it is, you have no way of knowing just what is going on and sometimes a pregnant doe penned with another gets so stressed out she will kill her litter.

Back
Top Bottom