My dog just brought me nice gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should research where the nearedt BLM land is. It might be a bit of a drive but its safe and human.

I don't junkie about all of California but Shasta county has mileage restrictions for certian types of wild life. It at least they use too. I don't recall what it was my mom had relocated but she did call wildlife rescue and they said it had to be relocated with in a certian distance of where we found it (ie our back yard). So she gave it to one of the teachers at school instead who happened to have a lot of land and didn't mind releasing small animals down by his creek. At least that's the story she told me. Personally at this piont i would just have my husband kill it and be done with it. Anything on my property doing its job and minding it's business is fine but anything that threatens my animals is dead.

People tell you you cannot relocate it? They don't like how you killed it???.... Makooda Matata....

Death is painful.... and the crabs did get fed.... Well, if the amount of possums I see on the road every day is any indication, relocating it to the woods somewhere is as good as anything IMO.Vacancies are always opening up. (Possum wise).

Maybe a larger predator you might not want to move..... I showed a young possum mercy once and it got into my coop (through a gap in the wire....) and ate about 10 lovebirds.... I kept looking in and seeing fewer and fewer...... I went into the coop, and he was in a nest box with a bunch of beaks..... he received a few pipe hits to the head and into the fire pit.

Last edited:
Fire pit! What a great idea. I don’t want to bury the body. Burning is a good plan. I actually had a girlfriend that drowned once while surfing. She said she hopes she goes that way in the end. Said it was peaceful and she drifted off to sleep and then woke up to being revived. Don’t think it’s cruel and the animals will take care of it. Relocating just puts the animal in someone else’s backyard. Sucky!!

You think a possum feels bad when it's killing your chickens?I dont like killing anything but it's my responsiblity to keep my chickens safe.I feel zero remorse for drowning that possum.I'm sure there are other methods of killing it that might be considered more humane they just didn't pop into my head at the time.In the end dead is dead and that possum is dead.I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If you don’t care about how the possum feels, fine. But taking the time to drive out, get an animal into a bag without getting bit, tie it, and toss a wiggling bag into the water is a little demented imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom