My dog just brought me nice gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyroler

Songster
Aug 1, 2017
My dog was trying to get me to open door to backyard for last couple hours.I finally let him out about 10 minutes later.There is giant recuss going on then few minutes after that my dog brought me this little gift.I just went outside to see if there was any more. My dog killed mother found her body about 5 ft. from chicken coop.Now I got to bag up mother and relocate this little guy far away from my house.
0508180247.jpg
anyone know how many babies possums usually have per litre?

My dog was trying to get me to open door to backyard for last couple hours.I finally let him out about 10 minutes later.There is giant recuss going on then few minutes after that my dog brought me this little gift.I just went outside to see if there was any more. My dog killed mother found her body about 5 ft. from chicken coop.Now I got to bag up mother and relocate this little guy far away from my house.View attachment 1378666anyone know how many babies possums usually have per litre?
I’ve seen a mother with 3 babies before. I have no clue how many they can have each time though.

If you cannot find it before your dog does I would just let Mother Nature take it’s course. I hope my two dogs would do the same but mine (miniature schnauzer and a 1/2miniature schnauzer 1/2 Portuguese Water Dog) would probably run the other way lol. Good luck either way!

Good dog!! Mine would not bring it to me, but would take care of it. They just got a coon,, and no injuries!
Mine got a skunk last year after he killed it he drug it all around my house then laid it on my bed.Took 6 months to get smell out of house.

Relocating is a no no! They become someone else's problem then. My understanding is that the gestation period is only 12 - 14 DAYS and they can have as many as 20 - although they don't all make it to the pouch. They have disease and even their feces has disease that can transfer to humans. there is nothing cute and cudly about this vermin.

They have disease and even their feces has disease that can transfer to humans. there is nothing cute and cudly about this vermin.
Funny, that is a pretty good description of Humans...

Actually, Opossums have an abnormal body temperature that makes it hard for them to catch or carry most diseases that humans get, they eat ticks that spread lyme's disease, and are resistant (though not immune) to rabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom