My dog killed a chick & it's my fault!

Dr.Doorlock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Garland, Texas
God help me. I brought a chick in from the garage. I was holding it close inside my robe. Without warning my Delroy jumped up and bit it's head off. God this is terrible. DON"T believe for a minute they can coexist. Keep them apart. God this hurts. Don't bring this horror to your brood. Be very careful. I feel soooo bad.

I am so very sorry to read what you went through. It is not your fault!
hugs.gif
What a trauma for you. So sorry...

I'm sorry this happened to you. Try not to beat yourself up over it. My Charlie girl, the world's most gentlest dog grabbed one of my chicks when they were babies. Fortunately Charlie only wanted to mother it and the chick was uninjured, but still traumatized.

Sounds like your dog was a bit jealous, I would not want to be him for the next few days, gives a whole new meaning for being in the dog house.

Sorry again.
AL

awwww, so sorry you had to deal with this
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

It's not your fault !!!!!!! Some dogs are just "BAD chicken dogs"
Mine dog has got into the pen a few times and killed a few !! It stinks I know how you feel !!!!

hugs.gif
I am SOOO sorry for you!!
hit.gif
It is NOT your fault. I am sure that you had no idea what your dog would do -- or you wouldn't have exposed the chick in any way!!
hugs.gif

Trust me -- many of us on this site have also made mistakes!!

BTW
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Cindy

Don't be too hard on yourself. I lost my first 2 chicks to my dogs after having them a whole 16 hours! You learn from your mistakes.

(On a side note, now that my girls are full grown, the dogs are terrified of them! The hens chase the dogs around the yard!)

It's like my wife says, it's not the dogs fault. I knew he was too interested. I thought I could get him over it. He may have always thought they were toys. He's the most lovable dog in the world, but he tasted the blood. I'll have to take every precaution from now on. Tomorrow I'm digging post holes for the run. I'll work it off..I hope.

Back
Top Bottom