My duaghter is in Spain. Need a long distance resolve.

Have you thought about a letter. As in mail. It is not the same as a phone conversation, but could be an equal to email.

We use Vonage. It worked well for us the 15 months Dh was in Iraq and we talk to our daughter in Japan all the time. It is around $30 a month and unlimited calls. We also use it as our home phone.

When hubby wakes up, I'll get our long distance info. We prepay over the internet and then dial into their service from our landline. We are charged 3 cents a minute to call Australia. There are no hidden fees, it's just a flat rate.

Quote:
Thanks, yes, I do send mail because she always wants pics of the new babies on the farm.

I can send her an email and she just ignores it, even her friends from the states here complain that she will not answer her emails.

Now that she has landed a job and HAS to stay put, maybe she will get the mail too !!

I saw her passport and she had one place on the last page to get back into the country. She apparently is a traveling fool.

Quote:
Thanks, yes, I do send mail because she always wants pics of the new babies on the farm.

I can send her an email and she just ignores it, even her friends from the states here complain that she will not answer her emails.

Now that she has landed a job and HAS to stay put, maybe she will get the mail too !!

I saw her passport and she had one place on the last page to get back into the country. She apparently is a traveling fool.

They can add extra pages into the passport. Been there done that!
gig.gif
I don't remember if it cost anything, but I don't think it did. They just added extra pages.

Bluemoon

Maybe with her job at a hotel she will have better internet access.. skype etc all take internet access, which you said she had to pay for. However,
old.gif
in the good ole days, there was mail, and there is something much more personal about a handwritten letter, or even a word processed one that comes through the mail. I guess because it shows you put out a little more effort. My guess, however, is if she won't email, you probably won't see many handwritten ones either.

when my son was on duty in Korea, I called our phone co, and explained that he was in the military and as a mother I wanted to be able to talk to my youngest child, and what was the best offer they could give me on long distance rates before i started calling other phone cos, They gave me a really good rate so call your local co and talk to them, when they think they may lose a good customer, they usually will work with you good luck. marrie

I'd suggest shopping around for country-specific calling cards. Some of them have very low per-minute rates when purchased in quantity. Check and see if your daughter's cell phone is charged for inbound calls, though.

my best friend lives in england now and she uses calling cards to call us here. they cant be too much cuz she calls everyone all the time. my mil lived in slovenia and we used vonage, its great cuz the call is free if they have vonage too, which they did. plus every call in the us or to canada and mexico and Parts of england now are free. you can even go on their website and look up how much it is to call anywhere. mil is now in burma, and we use skype, its free over the computer or we can pay to call their phone. Vonage is more reliable tho. the skype is always messing up after 15-20 min... now that MAY be because of WHERE we are calling, you know communist crazy country and all.

Back
Top Bottom