My duck got attacked by a bear

simamoshfeghi

Hatching
Aug 25, 2021
I managed to scare away the bear and get my ducks inside. They are fine but one scratched his bracket and it’s bleeding a little he is also close one eye, but if I call his name he opens it normally idk what to do. Can the scratch on his beak lead to him closing his eye. I don’t know what to do! Can anyone please help!

Please post pictures of the duck showing the injury, the eye and the entire head. And also please give a general idea of your location. How old is the duck? Sorry this has happened. Is the duck eating, drinking, moving, behaving normally? How long ago did this happen?

This happened last night. When I got him inside he looked fine. But then he kept on closing one eye and I noticed the scar on his face. So I just googled what to do and it said to rinse it with saline and a little salt. So I did that, but he kept on closing his eye. This morning, he was totally ok 👍 he kept his eye open the whole time and the scar on his beak turned into a little bump. Which I think is good (I’m sorry I don’t know how to post a picture on here)

I live in BC and the duck is 2 months old. He is drinking, eating, walking, and behaving normally
Great! Think you and your duck are very lucky! To post a pic, tap an open space like you are going to start a message. Look for the "Attach files" button. Should be near the Post Reply button, it is on my phone but may be different depending on your device. That should take you to your picture gallery. Choose the pic you want, it's pretty straightforward from there.

Back
Top Bottom