My duck has Green Poop... should I go to the vet? (PICS)

How's he doing today? @graypes s
So, long day of telephoning
i called the bird vet 2hrs away and they said they could squeeze him in tomorrow at 3pm. They gave me a semi exhaustive list of Michigan bird vets all of whom have been called and cant fit me in sooner. it looks like i gotta wait.

Booby is no linger gurgling but still sneezes maybe once every 2hrs
he still refuses to eat. for the last few nights ive woken up every two hours to check on him and get him drinking and offer him treats. last night he had a moment if hunger and ate all the mealworms i threw at him (still wouldnt touch his feed) and eating halved grapes but he skins them in his mouth. because of all the protein ive started sprinkling grit in his pool which he seems to be semi interested in.

He is still lethargic and i just really worry that 27 hours is too long. the last time i saw him eat normally was tuesday or wednesday. He’s starting to lose interest in grapes and treat which is worrisome. I really dont want to stress him out with another tube feed after he aspirated

also: poop is STILL GREEN that being said i did see him pick at a piece of kale yesterday that i offered. but this is not “i just had kale” green

Attachments

• D08D6A23-EDC4-42FC-B607-86A3B501B5A0.jpeg
    D08D6A23-EDC4-42FC-B607-86A3B501B5A0.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 4
Anyone have any high calorie recommendations for booby? he is only liking grapes and berries now hes not loving mealworms
im trying to find something that will be easy on his tummy like feed but im afraid no matter what he’s not gonna be interested

Anyone have any high calorie recommendations for booby? he is only liking grapes and berries now hes not loving mealworms
im trying to find something that will be easy on his tummy like feed but im afraid no matter what he’s not gonna be interested
I'm not sure what the calorie content is like, or how it feels in the tummy, but have you tried foraging for him? Sometimes I can entice my sweethearts with rolly poly bugs (wood lice), worms, those shiny black beetles they love so much, small slugs, chopped dandelions, and snipped grass. Maybe you could buy crickets from a pet store if you can't find any outside?

Also I have to fight my ducks off my plate when I'm eating rice or plain unseasoned tofu. I keep meaning to ask my vet about the tofu being appropriate for ducks as a snack - so I think you should check first.

I've heard of some ducks enjoying fish, and my vet said it was appropriate to feed as a snack. Mine won't eat it.

In addition to all the fruits, veg, mealsworms, and regular feed I’ve been offering Boobu, last night I tried everything that was readily available in stores: yogurt, Hill’s science diet cat food tender tuna dinner (rinsed), applesauce, and even bread. None were up to snuff for ol’ Boob. Kaytee Habdfeeding formula is nowhere to be found in person so im waiting on it in the mail. He is starting to even refuse grapes. I did find a way to “make” him eat mealworms without tube feeding. I essentially mimicked feedbags for horses with my hand: Put a lil bit of mealworms in my hand, make an open fist like so image.jpg image.jpg
and then poke his bill in. he pulls away a bit but when i keep at it he investigates with his mouth as an instinct and eats one or two in the process

Today, lil Booby is lethargic as usual. His food intake is down too as of right now but hopefully he’ll want at least a little snack over the next few hours. Our appointment is at three so hopefully we’ll get some answers.

Back
Top Bottom