my duck has mucus on her eyes

decomposed

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
one of my female muscovy ducks has yellow mucus in her eyes today i was wondering if anyone knew why its happening and what i can do about it she has had a swim in the pool and it went away for a while but it came back

one of my female muscovy ducks has yellow mucus in her eyes today i was wondering if anyone knew why its happening and what i can do about it she has had a swim in the pool and it went away for a while but it came back
Does your duck have access to water deep enough to dunk her head all the time? they really do need it for health. you might try using a saline wash and try rinsing her eye with that, she may have gotten dust or something in it. I also like to use a product called Veterycin it comes in a spray and is for wounds and infections and can safely be used around the face and in the eyes. I have sprayed it in many of my flocks eyes for one thing or the other and it clears it right up. You can buy Veterycin at TSC or on line and might find it at other feed stores. no other symptoms? and
welcome-byc.gif

yeah she has 2 pools and there is at least 5 big water bowls outside for them i looked closer and the liquid looked clear and bubbly not yellow like i thought but its a lot better now her eyes cleared up over night she had a couple of baths and they look good and clean now but if it does come back ill give veterycin a go thanks for the info i think it may have been tears because one of my drakes ripped some feathers out of her back and they are growing back and it seems uncomfortable for her

yeah she has 2 pools and there is at least 5 big water bowls outside for them i looked closer and the liquid looked clear and bubbly not yellow like i thought but its a lot better now her eyes cleared up over night she had a couple of baths and they look good and clean now but if it does come back ill give veterycin a go thanks for the info i think it may have been tears because one of my drakes ripped some feathers out of her back and they are growing back and it seems uncomfortable for her
I had one of my chicken hens get bubbles in the corner of her eye, I sprayed the veterycin and the next day it was gone, it's a great product to have in the med chest for our flock. Glad the issue is resolved. always a relief.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom