my duck just started laying

ChristyPogue

Chirping
Jul 22, 2014
Central TX
Hello my pekin duck named mini just started laying she is about 5 months old. I was working on a little shelter and I put her in it to keep a eye on her. we left the house but I was thinking that she would come out. but she stayed in. I saw her in the inclosed room and there whas 2 eggs in there with her. this is the first time she layed so I put a ramp up so she can get in and out. me and my mom went out to check on her and she had a nest but now 3 eggs in the nest. we have more ducks but did they get up there and lay?. and she is laying on them. our male duck sage is always on top of her. I am just wanting to know if when they first start laying can they lay more than one egg?. Thank you so much peyton (christy son).

It is very very very rare for ducks to lay more than 1 egg a day. BUT, I have heard it has happened! Otherwise ducks normally lay very regularly, 1 egg every morning (pretty early)

It isn't unheard of for a duck lay 2 eggs a day every once in awhile but that is not normal. Could she of hid some eggs and you didn't see them? If not then I would say it is safe to say that the others joined her to lay in the some area.

Back
Top Bottom