My Duck Lays Her Fertile Eggs Under Water!

Animal Lover

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
I have a white Pekin, and what looks like a mallard hen, but its something else and he's a Drake.. Well, my pekin Has been laying eggs for a while now, and since i've let her free range, along with my Drake, she has been laying all of her eggs in the pond, close enough to the bank that I can reach them when I put my muck boots on though. I want to incubate these eggs, but I don't know if they will hatch after being under water. Heck, I just noticed yesterday that there were any eggs in that pond at all! But, I kinda figured there were some, because when I had them penned up with a kiddie pool, she'd lay them all in there most of the time. They have been free range, and sleeping and swimming in that pond for almost 2 whole months now, so there's no tellin' how long those eggs have been under there! My question is, will they hatch after being under water? Thanks!
smile.png

I'm currently trying to save some eggs that I found in the water. One wasn't completely submerged and she is doing very well, I am not sure if the others will make it. I have had a few go bad and the others dont have veins yet, one developed a blood ring, but im giving them a little while longer. I'm trying to incubate them, to me it's worth it to give them a chance if you want to do it.

It's possible some will hatch but your hatch rate will probably be affected quite a bit. When are you letting her out of the coop in the morning?

Back
Top Bottom