My duck swallowed a can tab.

I would get a vet's help as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I would add a teaspoon of food grade activated charcoal powder to each pint of drinking water as an optimistic pre-emptive measure in case of metal toxicity.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. The problem is the tab fell out of a pocket and the ducks pounced on it. I don't know which one swallowed it. Last time I got a duck x-ray it ran about $150.00. Do you think it will just pass?

Thanks for your reply. The problem is the tab fell out of a pocket and the ducks pounced on it. I don't know which one swallowed it. Last time I got a duck x-ray it ran about $150.00. Do you think it will just pass?

Got at metal detector? It might, ducks can produce some monster poops. Have fun finding it :). Keep an eye open for blood in the droppings. If you see some I think a vet Visit would be needed.

A vet visit is needed RIGHT NOW. Not only will the tab likely get caught i your duck's GI tract, but aluminum is often alloyed with zinc, and both metals can be deadly! You need to have it extracted right away, once the symptoms of metal poisoning start to manifest, the damage is already done. She needs a detoxing agent before any of that metal hits her bloodstream.

Back
Top Bottom