My duck walks weird

Diego395

Hatching
Jul 11, 2021
So I have four ducks. My one pekin has hobbled her entire life. She is active, eats fine, plays the most out of the four, and has no trouble swimming. She is not in pain as far as I know, but she rocks back and fourth as she walks. She’s also pretty hefty and is a lot heavier than the others as they are khaki cambells and are smaller.I don’t know if that has anything to do with it though. She was a gift from my uncle who payed only 25 cents for her as a baby. I wonder if she was cheap because she was bred wrong? Is this something I should worry about?

Do you have any videos? videos can be uploaded on YouTube then the link can be posted here. Pekins are usually for meat so that is maybe why she is bigger and walking weirded than the others but there could be something else behind this

So I have four ducks. My one pekin has hobbled her entire life. She is active, eats fine, plays the most out of the four, and has no trouble swimming. She is not in pain as far as I know, but she rocks back and fourth as she walks. She’s also pretty hefty and is a lot heavier than the others as they are khaki cambells and are smaller.I don’t know if that has anything to do with it though. She was a gift from my uncle who payed only 25 cents for her as a baby. I wonder if she was cheap because she was bred wrong? Is this something I should worry about?
No not at all. Pekins are a meat breed so tend to grow bigger at a faster rate than other duck breeds.

Do you have any videos? videos can be uploaded on YouTube then the link can be posted here. Pekins are usually for meat so that is maybe why she is bigger and walking weirded than the others but there could be something else behind this
It’s late now but I’ll make one tomorrow

A video as others have said would be best, but I will say that my heavier breeds compared to my lighter do have a hobble look especially when they run.

Back
Top Bottom