My duck wont eat

Jenb44

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2020
Hello Everyone Im concerned about my white crested duck it looks like possibly one of the drakes possibly my jumbo pekin tried mating with her becuz she cannot walk she can stand and maybe take a baby step but then falls down and will lay there and also her white feathers on her crest part of her head were all pulled out I brought her inside and gave her a nice float in my tub and she seemed sad so I brought in her friend but she acted like she didnt want any company more scared so I seperated them again now she just stands there she will drink but not eat what should I do?

Birds suffering from intracranial lipoma (crested) are increasingly predisposed to developing neurological damage; such a statement is more true in females due to the risk of head damage done by the male during mating. Given the scenario, neurological damage may be a good guess as to why she's acting the way she is.

For more information, could you post a video of the duck in her pen? If you can get her to stand up, that would be helpful. Is this duck a layer? Do you have pictures of her feces?

Birds suffering from intracranial lipoma (crested) are increasingly predisposed to developing neurological damage; such a statement is more true in females due to the risk of head damage done by the male during mating. Given the scenario, neurological damage may be a good guess as to why she's acting the way she is.

For more information, could you post a video of the duck in her pen? If you can get her to stand up, that would be helpful. Is this duck a layer? Do you have pictures of her feces?
Oh I hope shes ok☹️Her poop is clear with what looks like chopped spinach type look to it and she is standing better and she is taking steps by herself she drinks and I did give her some romaine lettuce cut up fruit she did eat the lettuce a little bit I will watch her more on that but will her feathers grow back on her crest part of her head? And you think she has neurological damage now?

Oh I hope shes ok☹Her poop is clear with what looks like chopped spinach type look to it and she is standing better and she is taking steps by herself she drinks and I did give her some romaine lettuce cut up fruit she did eat the lettuce a little bit I will watch her more on that but will her feathers grow back on her crest part of her head? And you think she has neurological damage now?

It would be helpful to see the duck. Do you have a video of her, and a few pictures of her feces?

Back
Top Bottom