my duckies do love eachother :)

So sweet!
love.gif

Quote:
He's a big boy, makes me think of a dachshund with feathers, all body no legs.
lol.png
is Tom still living? seems i read you said he wasn't. He was a handsome boy too.

Quote:
lol.png
is Tom still living? seems i read you said he wasn't. He was a handsome boy too.

No, he disappeared in early April, which probably means he died because he was too old and blind to go anywhere else. He lived a very long time and everyone has stories to tell about him. I have lots of photos and video of him.

Quote:
lol.png

No, he disappeared in early April, which probably means he died because he was too old and blind to go anywhere else. He lived a very long time and everyone has stories to tell about him. I have lots of photos and video of him.

I am sorry to hear that he disappeared, hopefully he just went off and died. Maybe sometime you could put up some pics and stories about him, and why was he blind? injury?

I think I have a photo of him on my BYC page. I think he just went off for his afternoon nap and never woke up again. He started going blind about a year or two before we died. Someone here on BYC who actually met Tom said it had to do with being fed bird seed damaging his liver and said that was also why his feathers looked bad, too. But, I think it was plain old age that was the problem. I thought his feathers looked pretty good, not frayed at all and very shiny until about two months before he died.

Quote:
Okay just saw Tom the muscovy. Other than being smaller framed which is most likely because of living in the wild, they could have passed for brothers. RIP Tom.

Back
Top Bottom