My duckling have snot

doge084

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2021
My duck sneezes and have snot is that normal for a duckling and should I quarantine her and how can I cure my cute duckling

Do you have a video of the duckling sneezing?

Sneezing can occur when there are environmental issues at play ( exp, dusty feed, bedding, high ammonia, lack of deep water, environmental pollutants) the problems mentioned can create irritation to the epithelial lining. In more severe cases, it can indicate respiratory diseases, infection, or pneumonia.

Could you shed light on whether the duckling is eating, and drinking?
What is the duckling's main diet?
Are you providing head-deep water so the duckling can clean its nares out?
Do you notice any debris stuck in the duckling's nares or mouth?

Do you have a video of the duckling sneezing?

Sneezing can occur when there are environmental issues at play ( exp, dusty feed, bedding, high ammonia, lack of deep water, environmental pollutants) the problems mentioned can create irritation to the epithelial lining. In more severe cases, it can indicate respiratory diseases, infection, or pneumonia.

Could you shed light on whether the duckling is eating, and drinking?
What is the duckling's main diet?
Are you providing head-deep water so the duckling can clean its nares out?
Do you notice any debris stuck in the duckling's nares or mouth?
My duck eats and drink but I think it was just dusty then he stopped sneezing an hour ago I was just so worried

My duck eats and drink but I think it was just dusty then he stopped sneezing an hour ago I was just so worried

I'm glad to hear the sneezing stopped - always ensure your brooder is free of environmental irritants --
( exp, dusty feed, bedding, high ammonia, lack of deep water, environmental pollutants)

Duckings and other waterfowl require head-deep water to blow and wash out debris from their eyes, and nares. If your feed is rather dusty, consider returning it, and switching it out for something with less powder.

Back
Top Bottom