My duckling is sick! It shrinks its neck, can't walk, has thin green stools, what should I do?

Jul 15, 2021
My duckling's name is Anna, native to Vietnam, I hatched her by myself and she is 18 days old now. However, two days ago, her neck suddenly turned to one side, my father told her she was choking, he bent her neck and gave her some medicine. But from that day, she suddenly became depressed, her eyes were half-drowsy, she walked less, and stopped eating, her neck drooped. I am very worried for her. As of today, her legs can no longer walk, and she has watery green stools. I looked online, they said it was cholera or bird flu.
What should I do? Because of Covid none of the vet shops are open, and I don't know what medicine to give her! She is very weak, and tired. This is my first pet, I don't know what to do, I'm so nervous! Help me please!

C95258AB-5329-44AF-B1D1-EE85E6E3AEB8.jpeg

I feed her rice mixed with corn, some other vegetables, plus some water. She eats a lot, but now she eats less, and I gave her some raw milk. She is sleeping, very tired

She needs a starter feed (non medicated) that will give her all the nutrishments she needs. Do you have a way to purchase some? If feed stores are closed maybe you can try ordering it on Amazon

Cô ấy cần một loại thức ăn ban đầu (không chứa thuốc) sẽ cung cấp cho cô ấy tất cả các chất bổ dưỡng mà cô ấy cần. Bạn có cách nào để mua một số không? Nếu các cửa hàng thức ăn chăn nuôi đóng cửa, bạn có thể thử đặt hàng trên Amazon
The Covid epidemic where I live is very serious, I can't go out right now. I only have some rice and cabbage left now, hope I can help her. She’s very tired right now

The Covid epidemic where I live is very serious, I can't go out right now. I only have some rice and cabbage left now, hope I can help her. She’s very tired right now
The starter feed is the most important thing a duckling needs u should look on ordering some nutritional yeast or u can find something else with lots of niacin the neck is probably a issue from being weak from not getting enough niacin u can find some cheap on amazon or ur local drug store maybe even grocery store but my ducklings were all eating starter feed and there was one that still wasn’t getting enough niacin Her leg would bend to the back and she couldn’t move (most likely a dislocation) she was so tired and drowsy all the time and the day after I started giving her the nutritional yeast she was so much better and her leg has never dislocated since

The starter feed is the most important thing a duckling needs u should look on ordering some nutritional yeast or u can find something else with lots of niacin the neck is probably a issue from being weak from not getting enough niacin u can find some cheap on amazon or ur local drug store maybe even grocery store but my ducklings were all eating starter feed and there was one that still wasn’t getting enough niacin Her leg would bend to the back and she couldn’t move (most likely a dislocation) she was so tired and drowsy all the time and the day after I started giving her the nutritional yeast she was so much better and her leg has never dislocated since
You should really be getting the starter feed as well as the extra niacin to u can call stores and do curb side pick up if it’s still the lockdown

Back
Top Bottom