My Duckling is weak and cannot walk!:( help?

I’m so confused. How did my duckling suddenly get weak and then pass? He was doing amazing all through morning .
we make sure they have food and water we are up at night constantly checking up on them. He just randomly out of the blue went weak . I tried bringing him back to health and I thought I was doing great I gave him sugar water as recommended. I fed him mushed food for better digestion i am confused. They are in warm temp so there isn’t an issue with cold or too hot it’s just right for them. How did he suddenly just pass? I just had him in my hands to examine him and I put him down and got up to change bedding quick and he was hard as a rock and dead ... I took good good care of them every day. Now his brother is sad I think because he’s much quieter and he’s a chirper ! .. I’m just so sad at the moment . Loosing a animal hurts when you become attached

Oh no, I’m so sorry 😞. It sounds like you tried everything you could. We lost one of our first ducklings—it’s so tough.

If it’s not too soon to think about this, do you have a way to get another duckling or two? Your remaining duckling will do better raised with other ducklings.
I did I tried everything ! I even called the vet but they wouldn’t take me with out an appointment they just instructed me to give duckling water and mashed food... :’( I do have a way to get another duck or two but it hurts a lot loosing one not to mention another.. I do know that his brother definitely does need a companion with out a doubt.. now I will be looking closing into this as soon as possible ... thanks for your warm message

I did I tried everything ! I even called the vet but they wouldn’t take me with out an appointment they just instructed me to give duckling water and mashed food... :’( I do have a way to get another duck or two but it hurts a lot loosing one not to mention another.. I do know that his brother definitely does need a companion with out a doubt.. now I will be looking closing into this as soon as possible ... thanks for your warm message
I'm so sorry about your little duck😢😢I'm sending hugs........🤗🤗🤗

Last edited:
Update: my second duckling just randomly passed? HOW????? I am so CONFUSED! He was doing perfectly FINE! then out of nowhere he had limb legs then I went to get a small stuffed animal for him for the mean time because I was going to pick up another little friend for him tomorrow assuming he was just lonely now that. His companion passed and all of a sudden out of nowhere he just went limb from his legs started kicking a few times and passed away. HOW??? My hearts broken:( .
I even booked a appointment with my vet for tomorrow for him so he can checked and looked at so he doesn’t pass like his first little brother but now he has passed . And I’m just in complete shock as to WHY!? Why????? HE WAS PERFECTLY FINE!!!:(.....

I'm so so sorry, It's completely heartbreaking to lose a pet, especially when you're not sure why it has happened. I really wish I could tell you what might have gone wrong. :(

And I'm sorry that you so suddenly lost your other little duckling. Hopefully someone comes along who can give you some answers. Maybe they had been exposed to something prior to you taking them home? Are you able to get in touch with the person or place you got them from? They may be able to help you find out what happened.

You did everything you could, I'm so sorry for your lose.

I'm so so sorry, It's completely heartbreaking to lose a pet, especially when you're not sure why it has happened. I really wish I could tell you what might have gone wrong. :(

And I'm sorry that you so suddenly lost your other little duckling. Hopefully someone comes along who can give you some answers. Maybe they had been exposed to something prior to you taking them home? Are you able to get in touch with the person or place you got them from? They may be able to help you find out what happened.

You did everything you could, I'm so sorry for your lose.
I did reach out to them and they were at no help they just stated that it was out of there hands at this moment and if I wanted other ducklings . They was it :(
Thank you for the message I appreciate it

Oh no, I’m so sorry. Both of them dying so suddenly makes me think they were possibly exposed to something. Had anything changed in their environment recently? Did they have a heat source and if so, what was the temperature of the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom