My duckling won’t stop shaking his head!

What is wrong with my duckling ?

• Posion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neurological

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Thank you everyone! I’m going to get some yeast for him. He just ate and drank a lot and is finally laying down! I’m going to run to the store and hope that’s all that’s wrong !

Make sure it is brewers or nutritional. . not the bread making kind :)
Screenshot_2018-03-28-20-47-57.png

What country do you live in? Most of the time this is because a vitamin deficiency either at birth or along the way. What kind of feed are you using? Some duck breeds are large and need more niacin than what’s in their feed and some just aren’t as good absorbing it. Niacin helps with brain development, thus walking, and strength in their legs. This is an easy solution and should clear up in about a week depending on severity. Here we can go to Walmart and get a liquid niacin like this.......

BFA6F669-9720-4B67-BC66-6735B970EBD5.jpeg
C2DD39FD-A010-4DB4-803F-85D71C54503F.jpeg

Or you can go to a feed store like tractor supply and get this kind. It’s really concentrated so it will work faster. Plus these liquids will give you faster absorption.
307C3F2A-2CC5-483B-90C4-7741CE44202E.jpeg
6335B0D0-E7FF-4E68-99DB-A3616AF6759F.jpeg

The bad thing about the yeast is it has a very limited amount of niacin in it. So when you are already having these problems, you need something more. Then once they are better, you can go back to a simple option of adding the brewers yeast in the feed. This is a lot of information so don’t hesitate to ask! Someone should know the answer.

What country do you live in? Most of the time this is because a vitamin deficiency either at birth or along the way. What kind of feed are you using? Some duck breeds are large and need more niacin than what’s in their feed and some just aren’t as good absorbing it. Niacin helps with brain development, thus walking, and strength in their legs. This is an easy solution and should clear up in about a week depending on severity. Here we can go to Walmart and get a liquid niacin like this.......

View attachment 1315474 View attachment 1315475

Or you can go to a feed store like tractor supply and get this kind. It’s really concentrated so it will work faster. Plus these liquids will give you faster absorption.
View attachment 1315476 View attachment 1315477

The bad thing about the yeast is it has a very limited amount of niacin in it. So when you are already having these problems, you need something more. Then once they are better, you can go back to a simple option of adding the brewers yeast in the feed. This is a lot of information so don’t hesitate to ask! Someone should know the answer.
Good advice! And now I know what to look for too :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom