My duckling won’t stop shaking his head!

What is wrong with my duckling ?

• Posion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neurological

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Can someone please help!? i might not be Posting Correctly and thats my fault for just being so frantic when i get a chance to post. My duckling is have some same issues. 1 month old a pekin, has a horse like sounding weeze seems to prefer sitting now, seems to also cause some pain when siting on harder surfaces. is eating and drinking fine, gets a bath tub swim almost eavry day I say almost cause i oculdnt for about 2 days but did large tupperware baths 2 daily. i can also hear the "at rest" breathing and it sounds like a scoff like a "tsk-uh" and also past few days no longer like to be picked up but once is picked up and held it seems to offer some relief . swims just fine in fact that is only time i see Duckee move about like a dart, well also when he/she eats... this all lead me to think Niacin, so i got brewers yeast then read about nutritional(braggs) so i been doing that for about a week now.... i noticed today aside to side head shake like if saying "no". and i cant lose Duckee... i know i know its silly but that sweet Duckling saved my life and i cant. someone please help me. i cant afford a vet or even go to get vetrx in the next county over now... things keep gettin worse and i cant let that be what costs the duck its beautiful life. someone please help

What country are you in? @AzraelRedeemed Do you have a Walmart or Walgreens?
@CayugaJana & anyone else, yes I went frantic out this morning about 7ish am has I was able to borrow a car but had only 30 minutes to find something. & had about 10 or so bucks... I was at a loss then I noticed someone replied thankfully & that led me to Walgreens w/ in close proximity to home. Course selecting the proper niacin. Or B complex was a whole new challenge! But I went w/ "non flushing B complex sublingual liquid by. Nature's bounty containing Niacin( niacinamide) 20mg per 1ml (cc)" it was the only one that wasn't with no flush or something else added to it. For the amount of money I have.. had:) so thank you for the store suggestion has I would of never been able to reground enough to think clearly.

So based on some reading & such, I decided to administer 1 ml(20mg of niacin containing) using the dropper & was expecting a struggle . But swear Duckee knew that stuff would help her cause she basically grabbed the dropper from me. That seems to almost perk her up instantly. The remaining amount I added to water. I found that ducklings should intake about 100-125 mg of niacin daily, so this. Meant up to 5 droppers of this supplement which was I'm sure not even totally consumed to to water waste & supplement degradation once in the waterer. She seemed to rather enjoy the taste & preferred that waterer over the other with just plain water. A nap & another meal later I gain found myself w/ tears in my eyes & warmth in my heart(both things I hadn't had in a very long time) I was down the hall trying to do some cleaning & heard her peep/quacking and then running down the hall at me in that cute funny duck waddle way, she got to my legs looked up & started I swear scalding me least that's what it felt like! I was over filled w/ actual positive stuff inside which is rare... When lady got home she was just has happy to see an improvement. I'm sure she is not fully out of the woods but start.

Lastly Duckee had simultaneously been experiencing a possible upper respiratory infection or irratation. Has I don't know the normal funcitons, sounds, body language, speak, colors etc of a healthy duck just about everything that sounds off(I compare it to normal human sounds etc) I get a bit scared. First is a horse like neighing kind of quack, & it's used almost like a puppy would whimper when cold, hot hungry, wants to be held while trying to fall asleep etc.. that I first was thinking more to be duck puberty or at least voice change? & Then next is when I had my ear closer to her bill & snares, I could hear her breathing. Tis to me was off too. Strained almost, labored or as if she just did a triathlon yet only had a. Short walk & a pick upset down maybe.it would last a few minutes then quite down & the rate would also slow down too to more " normal level"
Lastly I had noticed brief moment where she would" space out" then s sn ap. Out of it. Sometimes followed by. A. Head shaken the right-left no. Style.. or she would be drinking water & w/ bill partially in water , doze off for a split second . This I thought could be related partialy has she might just also be tired, being ill & attempting to grow at the rate ducks do?! Coupled / . The circumstances of my hours the ladys hours & duck always wanting to be w/ one of us or both... Weening hasn't been going well. Advice there?

The duck wants companionship so there isn’t much you can do for separation anxiety when you leave. I’m glad the duckling is perking up. Will it be an indoor or outdoor pet?

Back
Top Bottom