My Ducklings keep dying

It always hurts loosing Ducks and Ducklings.
I recently lost 11 Ducklings to a duck herpes virus.
When dissected they had red spotted livers a major sign of herpes infection.
If you can do a postmortem to see, it might help.

Oh and there is very little that can be done. They die overnight with no signs of distress.

Not sure on the temperature but it's set up low enough where it'll keep them warm. They all seemed to be acting and running around normal before any died.
The straw looks like it is greener in spots like spray paint. Is it possible that they ingested the straw? Fairly new to chick/ducks but really deep dish for food. Can they reach? Maybe not enough to eat. I am not the expert.

The straw looks like it is greener in spots like spray paint. Is it possible that they ingested the straw? Fairly new to chick/ducks but really deep dish for food. Can they reach? Maybe not enough to eat. I am not the expert.
It's Hay not straw. They were out of straw so used the hay that we had left over from when we had pigs. They get feed twice a day and have grass in between. Yes all good on the drinkers as far as getting enough and being able to reach it.

Oh wow that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that. Yes it does hurt as I've become attached to having the little one's around. I'm hoping no more die overnight. Not sure i can take losing anymore of them.

Back
Top Bottom