my ducklings slept outside last night

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by new mum, May 6, 2009.

1. new mum

new mum New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    hi
    first night outside for my duckies last night,they have been spending the days out in their run,well a covered run within their eventual run.. but last night we put loads of bedding in their house, and locked them up about 8pm, sent hubby out with a torch 4 times to check on them later , got up early and immedietely went out to check ,and they were fine.. came bundling out of the house the second i opened the door. and are now happily wandering round the run.
    they were absolute fine,but I felt like when my kids first went into their own bedroom..

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG] from Sweet Home Alabama!

Isn't it strange how these little critters will worry you to the point of checking on them all night? My outside chickens are all grown and I still check on them at night. {I have lots of biddies in the house, 4 brooders.} My biddies I check on all the time but my outside birds probably call me a compulsive mom under there breath. Oh well, they will have to get used to it cause I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. [​IMG]

It feels like to me going into your childs room to make sure your child is breathing. Actually same thing, right?

3. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    It is so funny how concerned we get over ducks! My last daughter will graduate from college in a couple of weeks and move away. I am realizing that my new duck addiction might actually be filling the empty nest syndrome.....hahahaha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by