My ducks are chickens when it comes to chicken . . .

jwoo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
United States
I have four 6 week old ducks. 1 rouen 1 cayaga, 1 black swedish and 1 blue/silver swedish mix. Tonight me and the misses picked up our first chickens. We got two 8 week old hens, 1 easter egger and 1 blue andolusoun. They are about 3/4 the size of the ducks. Well we put them in the run with the ducks and the ducks freaked out! Anytime a chicken got close to them the went straight for the pool at light speed! The chickens didn't even seem to notice the ducks, but the ducks huddled together like the biggest threat in the world had come down to rear it's vengeance upon their ducky heads.

It took them about four hours before they would even get on the same side of the run. Our run is about 20 feet by 15 feet so fairly large for just six birds. It was comedy gold.

Oh and later it rained, did I say rain? I mean it POURED. It was torrental. Like out of this world rain that we only see once a year. So what do the ducks do? Go for a swim of course!
lol.png

lol.png
My ducks and geese LOVE rain...the chickens HATE it! They are funny though...when it rains they look at the chickens like "What's wrong with you guys?Where ya goin' in such a hurry?"
My ducks stare at anything new in the run for hours too...like a SCARY new flytrap!

Back
Top Bottom