My ducks are happy to be all together again.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tonini3059, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    After being penned up all summer for breeding they are all finally together again. Of course my oldest call duck hen is still the boss and lets everyone know it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Nice ducks!
    [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]... [​IMG]..... wants them all!! [​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awwww, what an adorable and happy-looking group! [​IMG]

5. Quacking

Quacking Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2010
    What lovely colours you have. Calls are so cute. They do look to be happy in one big flock. Do you ever have any issues with them trying to re- establish dominance each time you put them back together? Or was this the first year they have been brought back together after breeding season?

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice group! I actually just separated mine for next year. They'll get to spend most of the winter together, but first I want them trained to go into their own breeding pens with the right group. Each group gets to free range on a separate day, but those who have been separated from a group they were raised with tend to spend their "free range" day hanging out beside the pens of their "siblings." I feel so bad for them! I know they can't wait to all be together again.

7. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Thanks everyone! Yeah we have quite a few varieties. I had to cut out some cause we don't have the space to separate them out into breeding groups. It was definitely hard to decide what to keep and get rid of. This was the first time they have been separated. I usually have one or two separated out do to injuries. They are always stumbling and hurting a leg. But when I put them back they get along great. I typically don't have any problems when I have new ones to add in either, they typically just fight for the first couple hours and then settle into the group. Even now they all got along fine and broke back into their pre-breeding group clicks.
    Poor ducks I know I feel so bad when we separate them and they can't hang with their buddies.

8. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Here are a picture of my two white hens. They are always together. They even nested together. I really need to separate them for a project next year, but I don't think I will have the heart to do it.
    [​IMG]

Here is CoCo my head duck she is the oldest and queen duck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of my breeder setup
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by