my ducks have learned where I store their feed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chixie, Sep 19, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    now when i let my ducks free range they go to my shed if i am outside and stare at me quaking(sounds like they are fussing at me)... pushy little buggers... gotta love them... they also go to my moms cabin and begg her for stuff... she made a mistake once and gave them a treat...

2. 1duckychick

1duckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    I store my feed in a black rubbermaid barrel on the deck. When I'm late feeding my group they all walk over to the barrel and surround it, quacking like crazy and knocking on it with their bills!

3. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    My chickens come to the door & peck on it. Drives my wife crazy checking the door.

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    mine too when they free range and they know the bucket i take to their pens because they freak when i have it

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My ducks know where the cat food is. God forbid you forget to shut the patio door! LOL

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    We store all our feed in Tidy Cat buckets. Our ducks tap on the side and the top of the bucket when they want to eat. LOL It's absolutely hilarious! They have so much personality!

Laurie

7. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    Quote:I never thought of using cat litter buckets! I get so many great ideas from this group.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by