My Ducks Haven't Laid in Months!

morrowmoriah

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2016
Georgia
Hello!

I have Welsh Harlequin ducks. I have three females and one male. A while ago, my ducks stopped laying because of their first mult. Their mult has just finished for the females and just started for the male. The females haven't laid in over three months. I am getting so frustrated and I am finding no answers! They are on an organic laying feed and a de-wormer, so I know they don't have worms. HELP PLEASE!
sad.png
barnie.gif

When you say they are on a de-wormer, what are the details?

First, I will offer that I don't give a wormer unless they test positive for worms. My vets have been good with this approach.

So, if they are being given dewormer more than once, that could cause problems. It can take a month or more after molt to start laying. Age, diet, health, stress levels, temperature, light and other things affect laying.

Hello!

Their diet is organic, their health is great, they are over a year old, and their stress is minimum. Any advice would be extremely helpful!

This is what I use for my dewormer:

It acts as a natural dewormer. Overdose or overuse cannot cause harm.

If the molt just finished, I'd say it will be another 4 weeks or so before they lay. In the meantime, make sure they are getting a good balanced diet for breeding and laying, with proper vitamins, minerals, protein, and calcium to phosphorus ratio.

Their diet is organic - is it based on a boughten feed or do you have your own recipe?

Back
Top Bottom