My ducks split

Jaimesweet

Songster
Dec 2, 2014
My Duck's jumped in the lagoon today and hooked up with a group of wild ducks or just local Lagoon ducks and left and my question is will they come back will they know how to get back they have never been out in the wild I raised them here and keep them they do not let me pick them up however I provide shelter and safety and food they have never left before someone help

What kind of ducks are they? Can they fly? They might be gone for good but you should keep putting out food wherever you were putting it before for awhile to see if they get hungry and come back. They most likely will not survive in the wild on their own, maybe they will if they are Muscovy

What kind of ducks are they? Can they fly? They might be gone for good but you should keep putting out food wherever you were putting it before for awhile to see if they get hungry and come back. They most likely will not survive in the wild on their own, maybe they will if they are Muscovy
One khaki Campbell one pekin. the khaki can fly not little duck :( they eat inland my front yard where their house is . This isnt good . They are strong ducks. The group they left with are local. They live in these lagoons and the people who of the community feed them when they visit their lagoon you see. I know the group they left with. There is also a local Canadian goose ' ruby " they are with . Idk if they break away from them though. I'm seriously worried because of their domestication.

My ultimate question at this point is ...will they know how to get back if they wanted to? Will they return like my chickens always did even though they didn't go far ?

I assume at least the flying one would be able to find its way back but I am not sure about the other. Do you know where the pond where they went is? You could go there and try to catch them?

Back
Top Bottom