My easter egger pullet has not layed yet?

MrOrpington16

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
MA
My easter egger is a little over 5 months and her comb is very small. She does not have a pea comb but a straight comb... but her comb is smaller than the 4 month old barred rock and BO... It is a pink comb. Thank you for your help!!!

They all mature at their own rate, even if they are the same breed form the same parents. I have one BC Maran that is 27 weeks (6 1/2 months) old and she looks less ready to lay than the younger e BC Marans. Sometimes weather, stress, etc can affect when they start laying. Try to be patient...they all start eventually!
D.gif

My easter egger is a little over 5 months and her comb is very small. She does not have a pea comb but a straight comb... but her comb is smaller than the 4 month old barred rock and BO... It is a pink comb. Thank you for your help!!!

About 22 to 24 weeks is about average for a pullet to start laying eggs. It won't be long until your Easter Egger starts laying.

They all mature at their own rate, even if they are the same breed form the same parents. I have one BC Maran that is 27 weeks (6 1/2 months) old and she looks less ready to lay than the younger e BC Marans. Sometimes weather, stress, etc can affect when they start laying. Try to be patient...they all start eventually!
D.gif

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom