My easter egger pullet has not layed yet?

MrOrpington16

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
MA
My easter egger is a little over 5 months and her comb is very small. She does not have a pea comb but a straight comb... but her comb is smaller than the 4 month old barred rock and BO... It is a pink comb. Thank you for your help!!!

Audio51

Crowing
9 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Paradise, California
They all mature at their own rate, even if they are the same breed form the same parents. I have one BC Maran that is 27 weeks (6 1/2 months) old and she looks less ready to lay than the younger e BC Marans. Sometimes weather, stress, etc can affect when they start laying. Try to be patient...they all start eventually!
D.gif

Bullitt

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Texas
My easter egger is a little over 5 months and her comb is very small. She does not have a pea comb but a straight comb... but her comb is smaller than the 4 month old barred rock and BO... It is a pink comb. Thank you for your help!!!

About 22 to 24 weeks is about average for a pullet to start laying eggs. It won't be long until your Easter Egger starts laying.

MrOrpington16

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
MA
They all mature at their own rate, even if they are the same breed form the same parents. I have one BC Maran that is 27 weeks (6 1/2 months) old and she looks less ready to lay than the younger e BC Marans. Sometimes weather, stress, etc can affect when they start laying. Try to be patient...they all start eventually!
D.gif

Thank you!!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom