my EE pullet (just 1 week old and 1 day with us) flies at my dog

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grindlefamily, May 4, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    LOL my dog is a lovable baby (she's 2 but super gentle) loves to watch the chicks. I had them out of the brooder on the kids table today so I could scoop out their poops and the little EE took off flying at the dog! LOL all is well, she hit the dog in the face and fell to the floor, but both seem to be okay.

Anyone else have their chicken "attack" their dog?

Louella

2. flyboy11

flyboy11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    West Virginia
    HOW FUNNY!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Yes! I had 4 of my girls jump my taco bell beast.

Little doggie was following an escapee (a BA)...well BA finally noticed doggie and she yelled out...it was on then. 4 of the girls came sitting on top of the brooder saw the doggie coming behind Molly and off the top off the brooder they came. 2 landed on the doggie and the other two were puffed up and surrounding him [​IMG]....(BA, NHR, BA and SLW).

Doggie felt sharp feet and yelped and I rescued him. Poor thing has been traumatized and he jumps back whenever one gets near him now. LOL They were five weeks old when they attacked. [​IMG]

Just go to show you that you cannot mess with oneof the girls unless you mess with all of em. hehehehehe

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Yes!! My little polish jumps at my minpin. I was getting worried because I was thinking she is a girl, then I thought maybe boy because she was "challenging" the dog??? Maybe not...idk...lol..she is only 2 weeks old and jumps at him all the time!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by