My EE's first egg at 15 weeks!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farmer Kitty, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I found this in one of the nest boxes on Thursday. I was sure it was a pullet egg and it had to be one of the EE's. I waited to make sure it wasn't one of the older girls with just a smaller egg. There was another one yesterday! In the nest box was one of Charlotte's feathers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She turned 15 weeks on Friday!

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats, nice egg. Your girl is pretty. Mine will soon be 17 weeks so hopefully soon.

3. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I wasn't expecting it and was quite surprised as I have heard that they don't start until 20+ weeks. But then my Brown and Black sex-links started at 15 weeks last year and surprised me. Maybe it's something in the air or water here.

4. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Ooops! I put Charlotte into the crate today and the eggs showed up in the nest box! It has to be Muffy! She is also 15 weeks-they are from the same hatch.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  5. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!!!! Wow!!!! [​IMG] Only 15 weeks old. That is really early....lucky you. Your girls are very pretty!

I have one new EE girl that just started laying last Sat and she has popped out 6 eggs since then. [​IMG] I was very surprised. I think she is 18 or 19 weeks old. My EE girls last yr didn't start laying until between 20 - 22 weeks old.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Lucky you! I'm about ready to have a chicken roast.... LMAO None of mine are laying a thing yet! DH keeps asking when we're gonna get eggs.... LOL But, the oldest was only hatched around Easter. Any day now! LOL

Pretty EE [​IMG]

7. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thank you!

Guitartists-Hold off on that chicken roast, they'll lay eventually! I just processed 3 of my older hens that quite laying so, now I get to keep 3 more of my chicks than I had originally thought!

8. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Woo Hoo! That is pretty young to be laying, you are lucky. Very pretty girls!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats, Kitty! My only EE pullet is going on 23 weeks old now and no egg yet. She'd better get busy! I'll tell her that your girls are little prodigies and she needs to catch up.

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Very jealous, lol! My EE is 20 wks and no signs of impending egg-laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by