My egg has a stem

Rooapalooza

bird wrangler
Aug 7, 2019
Texas
My newest egg layer is only 16 weeks old, and this is her third egg ever. Look at this funny egg she just made!

20200317_175647.jpg

20200317_175854.jpg

This tip is the spot that breaks off inside the body. Usually the shell is not hard and it doesn't stick out like this. The good thing is that it's got a shell! She is new at eggs and her reproductive system should calm down and return to normal soon.

That's an odd one for sure!
Probably just a start up glitch.
Have you broken it open to see what's inside?
I would guess that the membrane was sticking out there, like a 'tail' instead of nice and round, and the shell formed around that.

This tip is the spot that breaks off inside the body.
Huh?

I would guess that the membrane was sticking out there, like a 'tail' instead of nice and round, and the shell formed around that.

Huh?
Rats, I didn't look. I accidentally broke it while I was taking pictures and the chickens mobbed and ran off with it. They don't break their own eggs to eat but they are happy to clean up any of my messes :).

Huh?
Sorry, I'm not making sense. Eggs spend 20 hours in making the shell. It's supposed to rotate to create a smooth enclosed shell. It seems this one didn't rotate property and left a tip. Does that make more sense? Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom