My Eggs Are Here!

Very good, I set my eggs from eBay in the bator about an hour ago. I ended up with 107. Bought 100, they shipped 110 and only 3 broken. Keep our fingers crossed....

Quote:
That sounds great Odey587! I hate to hear you got shorted AND had some broke too. That stinks. I have 32 eggs. I had 34, but daggone if I didn't drop one putting them in.
he.gif

Kimisfishing, I have been using my duck eggs for ornaments. Might try to hatch some later. What kind of incubator are you thinking about making? I have a homemade one out of a little fridge with a light bulb and a water heater thermostat. This is my second time using it, but it worked great the first time. I am going to make another one. I have an old Victrola that belonged to my mother. This morning I took all the working parts out and a few small boards. The top section where the record turner was is where I'll put my heating element and fan. The section right below will be my incubator, and the other section beside it which has record shelves will be my hatcher. I found a great looking digital thermostat on Incubator Warehouse that I am going to buy. It costs $49.99. You can also buy the thermostat/fan/heater element all together for $94.00 I may actually get that instead. The water heater thermostats can be made to work okay, but they can be a pain in the butt too.

Anyway, I'll have to make a post with pictures when I get it going. Good luck if you decide to build and incubate your duck eggs.
smile.png

I'm 2 days ahead of yall... but will watch and cheer you on!
ya.gif

Congrats to the others who have gotten eggs! It's going to be a busy month! There are several in the Thread Mibotsu started too!

I won't be hatching quail until - probably end of Feb.
hit.gif

Could have something to do with the 6 - 3 week old chicks in the brooder...in the house... ( there is some dim memory of a "no birds in the house" rule ).
bun.gif
2 mixed game somethingorother munchkins...they looked so small in there alone...they were joined that day by 2 blue & 2 splash silkie fuzzy butts
yippiechickie.gif

I do now have 12 Cots though! 2 roos - 10 girls in the harem ...got a new Tibetan boy and white girl.....

So... I will just have to vicariously hatch through y'all. Will you please hatch more quail? Oh please?
fl.gif

{I begged, so now you've got to - right? How's that for enabling?
tongue2.gif
}

Just got my eggs in and on the Turner!! Happy hatching everyone and good luck!!! my gambel pairs I ordered will be here early next week can't wait till next spring to get some eggs from them!!

Back
Top Bottom