My eggs from Miss Prissy are here :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm going to the PO now to get them. It was the fastest egg delivery I had gotten to date so far [​IMG]

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Woohoo! I got some of MissPrissy's in the 'bator now...but the PO was kinda rough on them i think. I am on day 11 and I candled last night and many of the air cells are misshapen and one was detached...the box looked fine and she had them packed very well, but I think they shook the box too much!
    I think I may have 3 left that are growing. [​IMG]
    Anyway...I got more BBS Orps that are due the next week, so maybe they will work out.
    I hope your PO was gentle with yours and you have a great hatch!
    [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm going to candle mine tonight just to see how the air sacs look. I hope they are all ok. I'm hoping to get at least four from the dozen. My last orp eggs were 100% hatch [​IMG] (they were also shipped) So far so good with the orp breed [​IMG]

4. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Good luck and Happy hatching. Hoep they all arrive in great condition.

5. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'll be watchin' your thread! [​IMG] Good luck! !

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I am hoping you get some more splashes. [​IMG] I'll be watching.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yaaaaay! Good luck with your hatch!

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Candled my eggs and most look really good. I got rid of a cracked one but the one that had the piece of shell missing that I put wax on is living and growing [​IMG] Glad I didn't toss it. I think I will get for sure 4-6 if all stay alive [​IMG] out of a dozen...may even get more. It was pretty hard to see anything through those shells. I think I'm going to try new batteries too in my flash light, that may help. They were all fertile so that was wonderful...more chances that way [​IMG] There was one really large egg that I thought looked clear but upon more inspection seen that floaty little eye running around all lost in that big egg.

9. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    hmmmm, funny I should read this right now...DH last night (who really has not much to do with the chickens but the building of things) asked me "are we were ever going to get any of Miss Priss's eggs for some blue chickens." LOL

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I hope the waxed egg hatches. I have seen many people hatch those. [​IMG] Good luck!!

GBF - say when [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by