My Eggs from Sonew arrived!! I HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I do but I have to tell you My first time hatching was a nightmare-shoot I think I candeled at day 2! Dorkwad! I played with that dang bator so much it was no wonder nothing hatched 40+ eggs and not 1. I didnt give up and kept hatching-with each hatch I got more confident and hatched out more chicks with each set. I still get nervous-I still get antsy but so does everyone else:) Im just way more relaxed. I check my bator before I leave for work ( temp) and tweak a little if needed and leave. Check it when I get home and before bed-thats it-forget it and walk away...unless its candle day:) or hatch day-then Im bouncing:)

Well I'm glad I caught this early, before it got up to it's temp. At least the humidity is falling fast and (down to 60 now) and they had only been in there a couple hours.

I bet you were very disappointed with nothing hatching out of 40. I'm glad you kept it up. I think once this one levels out I'll be better about leaving it alone. I hope.

I'm telling my husband to slap my hands if I try to candle before it's time!

Quote:
so sad I cried-My DH felt so bad for me...Here I was with 1 roo and 3 hens-thats it thats all the chickens I had for a year...Then I ordered eggs from 3-4 BYCers and ruined them all-I mean baked them!!! day 8 I think it went to 110 for almost 17 hours? Oh I fried them-I kept them in almost the whole time stil the smells started then chucked them:-( yah..It was bad but thats how you learn I guess?? You will get more patient with every hatch trust me...

Since I just got them downloaded, I figured I'd put him on here. This gorgeous guy/girl was hatched from sonew's olive eggs.
42887_chicken_coop_168.jpg

This guy/girl was hatched from sonew's tiny little white eggs
42887_chicken_coop_156.jpg

And this one too from sonew's little white eggs
42887_chicken_coop_154.jpg

And this one not sure where he/she came from lol if it was sonew's or a different batch!! but it was from a small white eggs like the the ones the black one came from!
42887_chicken_coop_162.jpg

Quote:
HOW FLIPPING CUTE!!!!! that second picture looks like a boy already! Look at how its standing?? Its so tall and dominant looking-they are gorgeous! yeahhhhhh

I dont think the 4th one came from ine though? Looks like a white silkie? no?? IDK the color of feet are black arent they? thank you for posting so so much!!!

Last edited:
Who knows I guess I should have marked them. The silkie does look like a white silkie. All of her skin is black, skin under her feathers, feet, beak! I love her wish they'd look like that forever. Your welcome.!!!! Thanks for the eggs
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
yup that would be a white silkie and not from me-My white roo is locked up and has been for 2 months-he gets beat up if I let him out..trying to rehome him:-(

Oh, my! Gorgeous babies, all of them! I can't wait!! I so hope I get at least 1 (
fl.gif
more, more, more
fl.gif
) Thank you so much for sharing! And that second one does look like a boy just by stance.

Just an update. We are good. Tweaking the temp not to go to 102.2 or 102.3, humidity holding at 34. Dropped to 24 and I added a teaspoon of water and brought it back up. Bator is working like a charm! Whew! Have not turned yet. Waiting the 24 hours for the non injured eggs, 72 hours for the injured ones.

Back
Top Bottom