1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My eggs hatched! Now what?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Mrs Sugarbear, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Mrs Sugarbear

Mrs Sugarbear New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    I had 6 of my 40 Chukar eggs hatch today. I have them in a rubbermaid with a brooding light, some light bedding, and some water with marbles in it. I'm not sure what to feed them... what can I use until Cal Ranch opens tomorrow?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    They can do without food about 70h.But boiled egg crumbled up, a little corn meal or polinta ,chopped up oatmealwill be fine till monday...cva34

3. Mrs Sugarbear

Mrs Sugarbear New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    Great, I was wondering if they would need to eat right away or not. Thank you!

4. drowe005

drowe005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Corapeake NC
    As far as I know, as long as you dont see any yolk left, that means they absorbed it all, and should be good for up to 24 hours, although some may say closer to 16 hours. If you do see some yolk left, give them some sugar water in a syringe to give them some energy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by