My eggs have babies in them! *update*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hobbley_Farm, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I put my eggs in the bator for the first time the Saturday before last. I lost two, I know. Because I cracked them and there was nothing in them. This was after a week. But I candled them tonight and was able to see them moving [​IMG] They are dark Cornish mixes and ancona mixes. I'm excited. I wasn't sure if any of them would work! Now I've got great expectations. [​IMG]

Wish me LUCK [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Isn't that the coolest thing in the world? Good luck! My bouncing babies are 11 days old - hatch day is the 7th.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Its so fun the first time you see them moving !!! CONGRATS !!!!! Keep us updated !!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats great! And its addicting![​IMG]
    [​IMG] For a good hatch!

5. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats!!!
    Just wait to see how excited you are when they start to hatch!!

6. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh, my yes...it is addicting! And wonderful, and thrilling!
    Best wishes! [​IMG]

7. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    That is wonderful! Good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    My husband and I had fun watching them move around. I tried to get my older girls to look...they weren't interested. I have to say, tho, my lil tot is interested in all our farming adventures!!! She's our ace in the hole [​IMG] Course, I didn't show her the babies in the eggs. She would want to crack them together:rolleyes: But since we decided to do this often, she'll eventually be old enough to enjoy this part too. Isn't it awesome what we provide our children with when we do things like this? More than they can learn in school.

9. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Well....My bator shot up to 105 one day. I didn't know how long it was that high. So I kept them in there until last night. They should have hatched by now. When I candled them there was no movement. None made it. [​IMG]

We're going to try again in a few days. Saving up the ancona eggs right now. Hopefully my little giant won't go screwy again [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by