My eggs haven't hatched, in need of help.

I see, what day are you on? I hope they hatch.

24 by the calendar. We candled a couple on day 10 and it looked good. I am wondering if she didn't get serious for the first couple of days though.

I know there was nothing on Friday, but she hasn't gotten off the nest since then and she got really mean yesterday.

It is a lot different than an incubator because I have no idea what is going on. She made a different clucking noise yesterday, my son said maybe she felt the eggs moving (wishful thinking).

Hoping someone is hiding under her right now and that the hatch didn't fail. I am not sure when to give up and try to move her.

We hoist the birds up by the tail briefly when we want to check under them. We then get the egg(s), and listen to it/them to hear if there is anything going on inside. Normally, a hen will kick out eggs that are dead or bad, as well. We've also had some Blue-Laces sitting on golf balls all summer - they haven't given up on those yet! Lol!

We hoist the birds up by the tail briefly when we want to check under them.  We then get the egg(s), and listen to it/them to hear if there is anything going on inside.  Normally, a hen will kick out eggs that are dead or bad, as well.  We've also had some Blue-Laces sitting on golf balls all summer - they haven't given up on those yet!  Lol!

At day 9 she kicked out 2. One was clear the other one had a blood ring. So I think she might know what is going on better than me.

We had been checking under her until yesterday. But now she tries to attack anytime we open the door. Cucumbers and watermelons are not enough to calm her now. She acts like she doesn't even care about them (her favorites) and she has decided that she no longer needs to leave the coop once a day. I am really hoping this means things are happening. (But that is probably what I want it to be)

We kicked her out. I couldn't take it anymore! We had one pip and we could hear tapping. So they might just be late. I was really starting to think that it was a failed hatch.

I'm now on day 25 or 26 and still nothing, I candled and there was watery stuff inside. What does that mean? I've basically lost all hope they'll hatch, there's no peeping or pipping.

I'm now on day 25 or 26 and still nothing, I candled and there was watery stuff inside. What does that mean? I've basically lost all hope they'll hatch, there's no peeping or pipping.

This is my first broody hatch, so I am not sure what to expect. But I have had a failed hatch and that is awful. I never want to give up. The last time I had one, I let it go to day 31.

It seems like a broody hen would know what she is doing and would do a good job.

I'm afraid they should not be looking watery :( If they are looking watery I would say there is no chick in there or it has quit developing. Were they all like this?

Back
Top Bottom