my emu hatch-a-long

Welcome aboard! It's time for a happy dance egg #4 wiggles! Now think good thoughts for #2 the suspense is killing me, nail biting, edge of seat sitting, suspense.
I sure will be sad to see these babys go, I have good homes lined up but still I'll cry anyway,

Congratulations on Number 4! Now keeping fingers crossed :fl for Number 2 to get with the program! Can imagine they outgrow their brooder fast, how long do you usually keep them before they go to new homes?

The hen is a frizzle Sumatra, they look really different frizzled don't they.

Emus are very friendly and loveable. They do have a bit of the wild in them still, but if you remember to give them respect and learn all you can about them emus make wonderful pets and fun livestock.( I also raise replacement dairy heifers and cry to see them go, stupid I know but I get attached) I normaly keep them about a week just to be sure everyone is up and running, eating, drinking, and pooping:) The hen is a frizzle Sumatra, they look really different frizzled don't they Yes they do:) I love the fethers what a pretty hen. Can she fly at all?

So they should hatch a week from today... do they ever go early?
The frizzle Sumatras are actually decent flyers, their wing feathers are not that curly so they still fly some.

Anytime from 48 days to 58 days is looked at as normal for emu eggs. I think mine will be on the later side as I used a pretty low temp. Now when the babys get here I'll need lots of pics only I've lost my camera, so will have to get my sister ( her camera is better then mine Anyway) to take them. And still no wiggle from #2.
I had silky doves for years always felt bad they could not fly, but I still love the look of curly feathers.

Day 51! Wiggles but no chirps or pips. #2 still has not moved
hit.gif
Lets go eggs its time to come out!!

Back
Top Bottom